Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Following poems are not from prompts:


Word to the Wise

Sentenced to life revealed to me, understanding in life, accepting the good with the bad, found true love, peace and beauty in all, which I never knew while I was physically free. Now that my physical freedom has been revoked, I find myself more compassionate to others, wanting to live, ever more & remembering my father's words: “there's no better advice than the advice life gives” and “life is beautiful if you know how to live it.”

-R.H.
9/23/13

The Golden path to... somewhere

To be let down, just one dream away
to find your path, rutted, unpaved
It began so smooth, a promising destination
Step by step, however, beholds further desolation
The promising path, gloriously golden
Is making you question; was it the right path chosen?
Because the further you walk, your way darkens in mist,
now you're just befuddled as fuck, starting to get pissed
So the question of all questions.. is this the path of gold?
Should I plow ahead burdensomely, or should I create one of my own.

-T.F.
4/1/13

Ink Pen

You do a job all day
so the artist knows his love
you do a job all day
albeit pushed and shoved
you do your job all day
for the artists knows no love
you do your job all day
Why? Just because.

Or

Ink Pen

You do a job most artists love
All day, pushed and shoved
Ink pen, you still do your job...
What the fuck?

-D.L.
4/13


She isn't proud of what she does
but does it all the same
she knows she's just playing the roll
of some man's lonely game
At first it held excitement
but that's long since grown old
her body is growing tired now
her heart's long since turned cold

D.F.
4/13

Medicine

My love is pure, I know for sure
Cuz if I get sick, you are my cure
Your words, they heal me
your eyes, they steal me
I wish so much you could hold and feel me
Unconditional love for only for you
when you're not with me I come unglued
losin' my mind
one day at a time
I start to freak out
I guess I'll be f.i.n.e.
Freaked out, insecure,
neurotic and emotional
all these feelings are uncontrollable
I find myself not sociable
I sit so very depressed
all these times you hit me in the chest
pushed me away
I tried my best
I love you my love
forget the rest
I stay loyal to you with each and every breath
p.s. somehow this is for you

-J.L.
4/13

No comments:

Post a Comment