Friday, November 1, 2013

In honor of  Halloween, the women wrote stories or poems that were inspired by a collection of ghost stories and scary stories.


Probably about 7 or 8 months ago, I was walking on the West Side of Santa Cruz late at night.  I kept feeling like something/one was following me but every time I looked back there was nothing.  So I just thought nothing of it and kept walking.   I turned back again cuz it really either felt like something was there or I had heard something and when I turned back to look it felt like something was right there behind me.  I jumped about three inches forward faster than I ever thought I could move and after that it stopped.
By N.R.


Love’s Ghost

Spirits, demons, the very presence
            of the paranormal
The super-natural, the scary.
Bone-chilling screams and
A whole lot of the unknown
I am excited, intrigued
By that of which we can’t always see.

You see what terrifies me
Is my past history
            Repeating as my reality
The presence of your love
            Lingers
Like the high of my favorite
Drug
The ghost whispering “I love you”
            In the middle of the night
The phantom embrace
            After I turn out the lights

The out of this realm bond
The unseen connection
            The ultimate lovers song.
The gentle tease of your fingers
            On my lips
When I close my eyes…
In your absence
I invite your ghost
To haunt me all the time

Demons don’t scare me
Life without your touch terrifies me.

By E.



No comments:

Post a Comment