Sunday, May 4, 2014

My Phenomenal Woman.

Shay is her name and she is the best
I love her so much that I forget all of the rest
Caught up in the game
Caused us so much grief and pain
Our addiction so strong, did us so wrong
Just to get along
Now clear headed and on a better path
We start to pick up all our aftermath
Look back on our past
I’m glad our love mde it last
We learned from our mistakes
So I’ll be there at the gates
With my arms wide open is how I’ll wait

-J.L.

 

Embracing

As we embrace the pain, we embrace the rain
It falls from the sky as tears fall from my ete
They drop just because and no one knows why
Just as people love and just as people die
The time we have spent – this love is not a lie
Your feelings have changes
I don’t know why
Something I stay awake and sometimes I cry
I’ll be off to the pen, so here’s my goodbye

-J.L.

 
To Change My Ways

As my soul breaks like clouds on the horizon
I find myself trapped in this insane asylum
My mind is down the drain with so much pain
I’m coming apart and acting strange
I guess this is what happens
When you’re locked in a cage
Nothing will change ‘til you turn the page
So I find myself reading
Sitting on center stage
This is my life and I’ll live it my way
Take it breath by breath and day by day
I will have to work to change my ways

-J.L.


Life’s Struggles

Can someone please tell me why?
Why life has so much struggle?
What happened to my piece of the pie?
Why do some people get to drive brand new Mercedes benz
And jaguars but my old clunker won’t even pass smog?
Why do some require a maid or a butler
To answer a knock at their door?
But I need a pistol and a vicious dog?
Why are some people blessed with walk at sunset
On their own private beach?
But where I’m from, where I live,
It ain’t even safe to walk the streets?
Why do some people get to drop their kids off at private
Schools to be lectured by college professors?
When my kids show up to school
The first thing that they pass is a
Good old fashioned metal detector
So I try with all that I’ve got to get my family out of the hood
But the economy took a dive
Now the job market ain’t no good
Can’t find a job with no education
Feels like modern day segregation
No paid sick leave
No paid vacation
401k? Never heard of it
But I know parole and probation
Life seems unfair,
Filled with so many struggles
Mexicans and blacks fillin’ those concrete jungles
Mija, daddy’s not coming home
He stabbed someone in a prison rumble
So will someone please tell me why?
And what’s going to happen to my daughter’s
Piece of the pie?

-C.B.
 


Untitled
The voice that I hear in the darkness
And still of the night
It’s like a song coming from an angel’s mouth
Don’t wake me from this dream
Just let those angels sing
And leave me alone in this abyss
After all
You are just a dream

-M.C.
 


Untitled

The system, from a young teen trapped
Labeled, thown away by society
Left to my own devices
13 years old standing on a corner selling
And smoking crack
My life one big crisis
No graduation day for me because of my choices
From probation to parole
Strung out on meth, now I hear voices
Or is it just my memories
I’m reliving the time of being told I’ll never amount to shit
I know I have to stop using drugs
But my spirit is too broke to quit
Half my life has been spent behind bars
For my drug addiction
Yet not one time have I been offered
Any kind of drug education

-C.B.
 


Untitled

No vivid moonlight, just a dark stark jail cell filled with emptiness. The lack of love
inside of these walls gave birth to deep thoughts of the lack of love within myself.
My ineffable yearnings of wanderlust have been stifled and insatiable appetite for
sex has suffered from the plights of starvation. Stagnation has crept up on me in all
its various forms. Dragging me down on my journey yet never enough to cause me
to stumble and fall. Carrying all burdens and past failures into the hopeful sunset of
tomorrow. On a pale white stallion I will ride from the gates in search of wanderlust.
Love – Moonlight – Deep Thought

-A.D.




She paused, in deep thought…
The moonlight softly played upon her

Auburn hair like several old violins
We didn’t speak. We just sat,
Looking into the depths of each other’s
Eyes…
Love pulled me deeper into the
Cage of her heart
Captured at last –

-D.M

No comments:

Post a Comment