Thursday, December 20, 2012

The following are responses to a spoken word workshop about a social issue that the men in H-Unit are passionate about.


I was only 16 "L-WOP" cuz of  "Murda 1"-
The DA talkin' shit, the judge acting as if I've won
My lawyer's full of shit; does he truly think I'm dumb?
I know he rigged my case, but I don't care, it's all for fun
It's outta spite, it's outta mercy, it's outta pain
I'm doing life now, living with this disdain
I swear to God I'ma do it, I'ma make that change
I'ma do it for myself, Greatness I'll gain
an no hesitance when it comes to better maine
Murder was the case, and Greatness is my NAME...
-C.S.


I'm so tired of waking up in the same place
How I wish I could just go back into time
I don't think I would be sitting here
I would change a lot of stuff that I was doing
But I guess everything happens "for a reason"
and I'm sure God has a plan for me in the long run
I just hope everything works out
And I can go back to my family
-R. Z.


I am going to write about how we only get visits through glass
A 15 minute call is $5 and in reception you don't get calls and you rarely get letters
In Prison you get 7 hour contact visits but in jail I have to do all my visits through glass. Why?
With the amount of money everyone puts on these damn phones we could all get free calls 24/7
Why no phones or contact visits in reception... I don't understand.
-J.

No comments:

Post a Comment