Friday, March 7, 2014

The following are the result of a prompt about Winter:


Winter
A time of chilly weather
where we huddle to stay warm,
Bundle up in your favorite hoody
some people cold, may seem warm.
Colds are not caused by the cold,
but illness still takes it toll.
People's life, not better than body heat
Why do you think so many babies are born in June?

Winter's cold... summer babies
barren to life.
long nights, short of light
long daze, short of night
change is constant
relieve, oppress
freedom in a cage
likes, dislikes
depend upon at which angle you stand.

-A


Winter
one microscopic, unique flake at a time
turns into a beautiful nursery rhyme;
you wouldn't see it at first glance
it would be gone before you had a chance,
melted away without a trace
to another form of God's grace

A celebration you say,
all these holidays,
but of course with money or family
everything is.
A white fluffy blanket covers it all

-E


Untitled
When everybody is gathered warm inside
I like to run, galavant, play outside.
you buy presents, decorate and sing
I fantasize about buying a ring.
I look at your new toys
all the laughing girls and boys.
It's only a matter of time
before their playthings are mine.
Soon to be thrown away and forgot
scavenged by me and my friends,
everything has value, beautiful or not.

Snow is beautiful with a fire to keep you warm.
I can still enjoy it even without a home.
The ultimate season to cuddle,
all my senses come alive.
The second snow turns to ice,
how dangerous this fluffy blanket has become.
Frozen to death; with my friend has come
The reaper has no mercy to some,
white sparkles off every surface
like the world has lit a candle
in silent celebration for all that is lost.
Being homeless, winter is not ideal;
white, the world is tucked away and warm
The world is open to me, freedom is what I feel.

-Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment