Sunday, March 16, 2014

Miss Heroine
So now little man you're tired of grass
LSD, cocain and hash
someone pretending to be a true friend
they said I'll introduce to miss. Heroin.
But now before you get started with me
let me inform you how it will be
for I will seduce you and make you my slave,
for I have sent stronger men than you straight to their grave
the vomits the cramps, your guts in a knot
your veins shouting for just one more shot
miss.heroin till death do us part
-J.J.

Change
Mindless words surround me
encircling my thought like vultures
on a hot day in the Mojave desert
I learn to shelter myself from the
damage they cause
the confusion they make
Changing how you think
reprogramming your mind
to a different way of functioning
is a difficult task
I know this from experience
because I've tried many times to change
To live a different life,
without all the drama and pain the lifestyle I live can cause
To live a simple life
a normal life without the constant fast pace of running the streets
To just flow like a stream in one direction
toward a life filled with being happy
Comfortable and content
Happy?
-no name given

The days of the week usually go by without me even noticing.
On the outs, for some reason Saturday is the day that held some significant thing for me.
When I would stop, I would say to myself mostly,
"Damn it's Saturday again”or
“It's one more Saturday.”
I don't recollect the day I got dropped off into town.
Or the day it was I fell in love.
It's been two and a half years since I got here
A whole lifetime feels like it's happened since that day my life started over.
And as Elton john sang, “Saturday in the park,”
my inspiration, sitting in the park right by the duck pond...
Maybe those birds knew I was already home.
-A.D.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment