Tuesday, April 9, 2013

From a prompt in which we attempted to fill two whole pages without stopping.
H-Unit

Sometimes I have a lot on my mind, especially to write. Because when I get in the zone to write, my pencil just starts flowing. But I enjoy writing in private, (my cell) less distraction. Maybe because I hold so much emotion inside. I have thoughts processing at all times, I guess you can call me a deep thinker. But as soon as I try to remember and jot down my ideas or thoughts, I've already forgotten or it doesn't come out the way it did. I'm a dreamer, my mind wanders in here. My imagination runs deep like Jerry Rice on a Monday night in candle stick. It's sharp like Shannon and rich like Gannon. Most of my thoughts are about my little girl, just wondering how she's doing. Or sometimes it's about love, something everyone craves. Or at least myself. Then there's sports, just wondering if the Warriors are going to make the playoffs this season, “I still believe...” and then there's the SF Giants, just wishing I was able to watch all their games, or even just hear them on the radio with John Miller and Dave Flemming on KNBR 680

-S.L.

I feel so alone, I know I ain't home, not even close. Don't know who is who, what face they show can be their true form waking up within it was at least somewhere I know People asking who I know thinking I'm just unknown if only they knew I can put them all in one place and think of many ways how I've been through so much more pain just cause I got away. I'm a hidden shadow to my own self, not knowing if they can tell. I don't know if I can let go of a past that hurt even til now. I know that they think I'm fake. Look at me is all I can say. My scars go deeper than just physical. So think where I come from and all that bloodshed I used to be proud of. These tats on my face. Now I hope that with my past, they will fade. Childhood lost at an early age. How I wish my life was an hourglass so I could flip it and start again. Do you want details to my life? Streets, names, dates, so you can believe what I say? I'm kind and weak to those who seek to be my friend. How I wish I was cold and cruel like back in the days... then you dudes would see that I don't play. But then again, I'm happy cause I know I'm one of the few that got away from the cruelest town in this side of Cali. Intentionally saying that I ain't true cause I do not glorify the things I used to do. If I did, I'd be a monster like the ones in cartoons. How I wish I wasn't me. Helpless man at the feet on you-know-who.. Waiting to see if they'll let me go soon. My life on the line, it ain't no joke. I jeopardized it all just to look cool. I used to think this was all I wanted to be, a g just like my family. Now I see why they left. Cause in a city where shots ringing out seems like a normal thing, you'd be lucky to live til 15, not knowing what street is the last street you'll see. I'm from a city of gun and smoke where people die just to be known.

-A.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment