Saturday, May 11, 2013

The following are responses to a prompt in which we attempted to write our Swan Songs:

D-Unit


Like the swan I too will sing a song
Except my song will be in words, and they'll say:
Fuck! I don't want to die PLEASE GOD GIVE ME ONE MORE CHANCE! I DON'T EVEN HAVE A CHILD TO LEAVE BEHIND!

-N.A.



H-Unit


Don't cry for I am set free
I lived my life as best as I see
Obsessed with the struggle
During life I started to juggle
I'm sorry for the hurt I've caused
For the absent days
For my addictive ways
I ripped us both off
Of memories we never made
Just remember my love was constant,
It never fades
My family and kids, I take you with me
Live your lives as best as can be
Learn from my mistakes
Be caution on every path you take
There will be consequences and lots of choices to make
Remember me as best you can
When times are hard, I'll be holding your hand
We will watch the waves take walks on the sand
You will not see me but you will feel me
I'll never leave you alone
We are bonded from the heart
I cherished you all from the start
I'm sorry we had to part
I'm building our castle in heaven
I'll greet you at the pearly white gate
We will live eternal life. It is our fate.

-S.A.


My last breaths, I wonder how many
Hearts I loved, touched, embraced and broke
Will they remember?
Does it even matter?
Will my angels find me when they return home?
And while I'm gone, may I protect and guide them as my mom has done for me
My last touches will sparkle with flecks of glittered gold
They will be pure, of light, love and passion
After long when I'm forgotten
Those flecks of gold memories will appear
and fill hearts with gold warmth and love

-D.G.


What is the story I leave behind
With my last breath, what truths will we find
Is my song a story of conquering
Or could it be that of one who is conquered
Is it of strength and power
Or of substance and durability
Is it full of beauty untold
Covered away by depression's blanket of cold
Pain, strife, trials and tribulations
Uphill battles, miles and miles of my demons' retribution

This doesn't make my song ugly or sad
In fact, the balance proves true
As deep as your sorrow is as deep as your joy

So in my last few moments my heart will sing
the lyrics to my soul's painful journey this life has allowed me to endure
I will sing with every ounce of energy I have to spare
Because I know my bliss is somewhere beyond out there

-Eyez

No comments:

Post a Comment