Saturday, May 11, 2013

The following are from a prompt inspired by the poem “In the Desert,” by Stephen Crane, where we described what our hearts might taste like:

D-Unit

Have you ever taken a bite of something new, something you normally wouldn't go for? But you take a piece anyways, then you nibble to find out that it tastes different. It has a distinct taste that you want more of to find out what flavor it is. In the end, you're left with wanting more. But it's rare. Delicious and rare. My heart

                                                                                                                         -S.L.


I don't know what my heart tastes like because I'm too distracted to taste it

My heart: strives for success and happiness. Unfortunately it's been neglected and damaged for several years due to avoidance; carelessness. Now it tastes like it's ripe because it knows what it wants. Once I get the professional help I need It'll become full of love and sweetness.

                                                                                                                          -N.A


My Heart

My heart has a hard side and a soft side.
The hard side is as cold as ice. It has to numb all feelings to show no weakness or remorse
My soft side is warm and sweet like Bubblicious gum.
It is compassionate towards family and friends. I love to love this side of my heart
It is full of loving memories and new things to come

                                                                                                                           -A.C.


My Heart

My heart, well I can't tell you what it tastes like cuz I don't got a heart. I gave it away to the one I love. I hope she cares for it and loves it cuz without my heart I can't live. It's all I have and it's her I wanted to have it.

                                                                                                                             -I.L.


My heart is like cotton candy
Been through a lot of different places, stomped on and bit on lot's of freakin' times
Landed in different hands, gave them full trust, only to be surprised by abandonment and full of lies!

You see, my heart is tender and sweet
full of stories to be told
I was on the road to love & happiness
But somehow ended up on the road to loneliness
Now loneliness fills my heart with passion that burns
Can somebody please tell me why the road turns?

                                                                                                                             -M.S



H-Unit


 Lonely in chaos
I taste my heart
It is sweet right from the start
There is a tough part
Chewy, slimy afraid & confused
There are so many feelings I'm amused
A new beginning I'm starting to make
My life feels so fake
God, it's yours to take
I'm too tired. I need a break.

                                       -S.A.


It tastes... my heart of darkness
kids' salty tears on Mommy's return home.
Flavored hot-pink lipstick
but please don't be fooled
I'm not alone
My heart has been chewed apart
with tastes of poison and vinegar
washed with bleach and carefully
put back together
With my kids and sweet candy

                                     -D.G.

Smell is as good as taste
As you inhale it could be fake
The sweetness tends to resonate
But take a gander closer
You'll soon find
My heart is one
That few ever get to try
Smooth and sick
Beyond the coarse layer
Bittersweet and sour
The protective boundary
My delicate truth
My privileged center
My own decadence
My taste is that of pain and hurt
Sorrow and love
It is my own.
And to most, it goes unknown

                                       -Eyez

No comments:

Post a Comment