Sunday, May 12, 2013

Random pieces, either written outside of the prompts or given to me during workshop.


D-Unit (men's)

Between Two Worlds

The sun sets and the moon rises again,
blessing us with a recipe to conjure.
The harvest moon shines bright,
and my heart is on fire.
It's Fall, and Jupiter has all authority.
I marvel at the night. Reality sets in.
I am no stranger to this event.
Pain, grief, sorrow I fell no more.
I am an orphan of this space--
a spirit stuck between two worlds.

-A.H.


Trapped

I'm trapped in the misery of addiction.
There's a shed in my Mom's backyard.
Usually I stay there and get high.
When I step out to feel the night's cool wind
my thoughts start to wander.
Ghost stories come to mind.
I start hallucinating, see shadows peeking
over the fence in front of me.
I panic, freak out, try to hide behind a bush
with a screwdriver in my hand,
as if a screwdriver could protect me from a ghost.
I wish I was high, and thinking the worst.

-M.S.


H-Unit (women's)

Open my eyes to see life another way
despite the lies.
Won't give in to the fallacy,
smoke chalice,
absence of malice;
I'm diggin' dirt on myself to remove the calloused heart
Astrological chart says I'm power-packed
Sparked a light in the dark
There's no looking back
Babylons hot on my tracks
Systematic destruction,
Karmic consumption.
all the children of the light:
Run and come
Ego diseased...
It's a dis-ease that we can't run from,
but what's done is done.
I've seen friends turn to foe
Cause I spit dope flows with no home.
They don't understand;
I mastermind while following the master's plan.
People trying to scam on my talents
Are you just another man throwing me off balance?
One time.
Who can I trust,
When dark lords reward the ones who betray?
But he who holds the power is also they prey.
Like crushed velvet,
Don't rub me the wrong way.
Cause you get dropped when I get crossed with chop sticks
Hands remain in Namaste

Just cause raw spittin'

I'm here to set the record straight
Just cause

-C.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment