Friday, July 19, 2013

I was given this poem to copy down by S. Was not the result of a prompt.

Mother, Forgive Me

The woman that brought me into this world has gone through so much hurt and pain.
For she don't understand the game,
the lifestyle drove her insane.
Hidden behind her walls she carries my burden, guilt and shame.
I ain't a little girl my needs are no longer the same.
I have an addition beyond my control.
It crept up and took my soul.
All my struggles and sorrows drugs and alcohol got me through
An addict's mind is sick and really believe it's true.
We don't realize that burying ourselves is all we do.
It's a vicious cycle, “we play the fool.”
I'm sorry for letting you down time and time again.
Can't you see I need you to be my friend?
I've lived my life good and bad.
It was my choice, don't blame yourself, don't feel sad.
All my mistakes were lessons in life I had to learn.
I'm ready to brush off my knees and make a drastic turn.
In my own hell I will no longer burn.
Tired of all the tears and jail walls.
I'm ready to shine and stand tall.
Mom, please hold my hand so we can walk a new path.
Let go of my demons, they can haunt us no more.
They were never yours to hold.
You've always done the best you can please understand
You are my mother who I adore.
Please forgive me from your soul's very core.
I'm sorry for breaking your heart.
My addiction won me over from the very start.
It was my own fault.
If I could turn back the hands of time, God knows I would.
I'd turn it back to time when I had you!
I miss your laugh, your beautiful smile!
You're still alive and don't have to walk the green mile.
Let go and set yourself FREE!
Forgive yourself and forgive me!
For my addiction has hurt you more than it hurt me.
Oh God, how could this be?
Open her heart and eyes to help her see.
This was the life God planned for me.
Now my story can save someone like me!

Dedicated to my mother
From: S.A.


The following is the result of a free-write:

Insanity
Is a vicious cycle, we play the fool
So wrapped up in our own thoughts, feelings and wants
Never looking at the big picture
A hunger for a addiction beyond control
takes over our very souls
Believing that drugs and alcohol make us complete
That's a battle where we can't compete
Believeing that life bhind bars is sweet
not valuing freedom, friends and family, our insanity defeats
Insanity believing violence is love
thinking that they hit because they care
Thinking this is all life planned for me
jails institution and death
Not thinking of the ones we've hurt the most
Us You Me and I
-S.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment