Friday, July 19, 2013



S__'s Uplifting Poem

Melodramatic Sailor Jerry speed addict
Spit flows with no static
Hit you lie an automatic
My lyrics so crisp
so sharp that they diss
all the bunk shit I miss
call it lyrical gifts
Got shit to get out
I'll let you know what I'm about
I ain't getting out
for years with no doubt
But I can' cry or pout
I got to stay sane
with a smile on my face
and good thoughts in my brain
It's part of the game
experience to gain
Reality is that I'll be here a while
But that's the repercussion for acting hostile
Acting without thinking
Letting impulse take control
Signed my soul to the devil
For the speed that I sold
It stole away any conscience I once had
It made me do something stupid just cuz I got mad
So regrets are not needed
not here, not now
We all make mistakes
But some of us allow
the hardships to break us
to weaken our faith
We've got to accept it's all part of Fate
Don't question the battles we struggle to fight
Just know at the end of the tunnel's a light
So sorry if this sick rap faded into a poem
Just got a grip on some real shit that's got to be known
So you see me fighting murder with a smile on my face
It's cuz I'm blessed with insight, acceptance, and grace

-S.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment