Friday, July 19, 2013

The Following are the result of a prompt in which we wrote from the perspective of a raindrop:


Women's Unit

Coming down like rain
such as the experience I've gained
Spent years in the Game
With no regret and no shame

Like an unexpected shower
Such is the mind's power
Mind over matter
I think every hour

It's all up to you
What you really want to do
Your mind is a sanctuary
It makes you You

So forget negativity
You manifest things
Use your brain power
like rain in the spring

Let it be refreshing
useful and cold
Let your mind stay open
Watch miracles unfold

So write about Rain
And things similar
If it weren't for rain
Green grass wouldn't occur
All things would be dry
Undernourished and dead
So use your brain to live happy
and be free instead.

-S.G.


Rain
I knew it was coming
The smell of it almost breathtaking
Gives me chills touching ever so lightly
All over my skin
Almost as cold as the concrete I'm lying on
It was the small things I took for granted
I sit dwelling on how I chose to take the path
yet again
To give another year of my life away
A year taken from my son and newborn girl
Angels I've yet to know
Like little raindrops lost in a world or souls
to be re-cycled to the ocean
Then back to the clouds above....
Sometimes, and now even more so
Now my heart like a raindrop
filled with love
falling from the heavens
Cause my mind's in Cloud 9
Scared as to where it will fall and break
Or should I say splash?
Waiting for the sun to dry away
My heart's broken memories
And the Past

-N.G.


Raindrops
For me raindrops are the beauty and pain
As a small child it wasn't easy to explain
How I came up with the story that God was crying for me
See, his tears had a power and that power was clear
I believed he was sad when he looked through the clouds
To see a young child staring at life already full of doubt

Every time it rained and it stormed
I'd sit alone and look up at the sky
It was the only time I could really cry
Mommy said He was washing my soul
Little did she know

Standing alone out in the cold, storm after storm

One day God's teary raindrop showers
would wash away the only thing I've ever known
Fear became a stranger & Love became my home

-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment