Friday, July 19, 2013

The following are the result of a prompt in which we explain/ describe nicknames we've had:


Women's Unit


The names I was given are hard to live up to~ when I know there are times when I don't feel like waitressing/ or cleanin'

My name has been changed to protect my innocence
When you imagine who I am without even knowing my true name
We can have a conversation and talk for hours on the deepest level -you know me
But you don't know my name
Every morning at roll call, they call out our names
And if we don't answer ~ they start searching
It scares me to think I may not answer
Because of all the facets of my characters and all that I am
Whats in my name ~ so hard to live up to
You gave me my name~ and I shed a tear
Because today I clean the walls and run into them carelessly
I am naked
Without shoes or a bra
And all that's left behind are bluepreints.

-C.J.
5/30/2013


D-Unit


My father's nickname – Trapper Jim

He was giving it his all
Upon the ocean depths of the Bay
He could always find his catch
When other fishermen couldn't
He would crack a beer at sunrise
Followed by a filterless smoke
Unshaved, unbathed, baiting his hooks
His pals would call him on his VHS radio...
“Trapper Jim, where's the fish?”
He'd reply: In my fishbox. See ya on the inside
(Trapper out)

-T. MC


My nickname is Popeye. They call me that because if I didn't like you, I'd pop you in the eye.
So that's how I got my nickname

-R.M.




Greetings Earthlings. My name is Mystic.
I bring to this world- understanding, wisdom and knowledge.
I long for the day that we can coexist with one another and turn up the love.
I am a very mysterious being that seeks truth.
My numbers are 5 and 7.
My magical birthstone is Turquoise.
My ruler planet is Jupiter.
I leave you with the message -Reach for Heaven and you will get Earth.
Reach for Earth and you will get nothing.
I see.

-A.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment